NOT SURE WHAT TO USE TO CONTROL FRIZZY HAIR?
Frizzy hair can definitely create a hair nightmare because all the hard work put into styling just doesn't seem to work or when it does, is unraveled. Hair becomes frizzy when water is absorbed through the hair cuticles, causing the hair to revert back and become kinky looking. Most of us have had these frizzy hair days where a cap becomes a must have accessory. Frizzy hair occurs more often in humid areas where it is easy for hair to absorb the water in the air. For women in these areas, it is even more important to prepare the hair for frizz using proper products and care.
To help prevent frizz, there are many products that can help envelop the hair cuticles and prevent water from being absorbed through. It is also a good idea to make sure to blow dry the hair very well to ensure to extra water is left to seep through the hair cuticles.
Thin Frizzy hair lacks moisture - avoid drying out your hair
The scary thing is most people can suffer from thin frizzy hair. Healthy hair needs around 9% moisture content with a good spectrum of proteins and nutrients. We asked Health and Beauty
Wear to compile a list of the most common reasons for thin frizzy hair:
• Hair stripped of moisture and oils
• Vigorous drying can break hair
• Chemical treatments such peroxides, dyes or perms
• Incorrect use of electrical drying equipment
• UV or sun damage
Here’s a list of tips to help avoid and reverse frizzy hair:
• Ensure your get a good blunt hair cut by a professional hairdresser
• Use deep moisturising, intense conditioner when washing your hair
• Avoid vigorous drying, combing or brushing of your hair when wet
• Don’t use metal combs or brushes on your hair
• Invest in a professional dryer and ionic straightener